Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Celebrating in June

Ok- so I've missed almost half the month already but here are some of the things we are going to celebrate over the next few days.  Here is a link to June celebrations and some pages where I am getting some of my inspiration.

June 15th- Go Fly a Kite Day
                  Power of a Smile Day
June 16th- National Fudge Day
June 17th- Eat Your Vegetables Day
June 18th- International Picnic Day
June 19th- Father's Day

I dare you not to smile when you look at this picture.
If the weather cooperates, we just might go fly a kite on June 15th (although it is calling for rain).  If we don't get the chance to fly a kite on this day, hopefully we will have the chance when our family is here to fly a bunch of kites all together. 

On Thursday, I think we are going to the library and maybe we will make some brownies.  I hope to have some library bags made for the boys by then too, but that might be a little too ambitious and it might need to wait a week or two more. 


Our starvin' marvin has blossomed into a chunky monkey
For eat your vegetables day I plan on making a dinner with many veggies- raw veggies as this is how my boys like their veggies the best.  And maybe I'll share a little about our tiny little garden (which we sampled three luscious strawberries from today).   

International Picnic Day happens to coincide with our local airshow and a picnic sounds like a great way to eat at the airshow.  I am not sure how exactly we will take in the airshow.  I don't know if my parents will be able to join us and if not, what will be the best way to try to contain and yet be mobile with my three little boys.   

And of course, Father's Day is coming up on Sunday. I know we are BBQing.  I am sure there will be lemon meringue pie too.  I have some cute little things for my husband from the boys, and a couple of things for my dad and my fil (father in law). 

I've added two items to the sidebar where I am keeping track of our reading minutes and the books we have read over the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment