Monday, June 13, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things

Wow!  Things got really busy for a while.  Hopefully though, now that "school" (preschool for little man) is done until the fall, we will find some time to get back into the swing of things here and at home.  Just because it is summer though, we don't stop the learning or the fun or even the busy. 

I stocked up on books through scholastic plus we have a pretty great library in our area full of books.  I am thinking of setting aside one afternoon a week as "library day" and I am going to get the two older boys their own library bag and they will be able to pick their own books this summer (5 for littler man and 7 for little man).  I am also going to start a reading log starting this week.

As part of my preparations for family that will be visiting this summer, we are going to take the next two weeks and check out every.single.park. in our area.  I am going to take pictures and notes and decided if this is a good park for visiting later and what it is good  or not so good for (ie has picnic tables , has lots of "little kid friendly" equipment, is buggy, has good sand, has bathrooms, ect).  We've also stocked up on bubbles, tattoes and glowsticks already and there are some kites calling our names.  I want to get some sparklers still for Canada Day.

We have some kid friendly cooking and recipes to test, plus I would like to get some baking (cookies, muffins, squares) done and into the freezer awaiting our holiday travelers.  I'd also like to try to get a couple of meals made and put in the freezer for that time too (maybe a baked pasta and a shepards pie).  I'm thinking we will bbq a lot of hot dogs and hamburgers at that time too and I have taco salad and some chinese chicken on my possible meal plan too for that time.  I'll also make sure to have lots of fruit and veggies ready to go daily plus hopefully I'll get a potatoe and a pasta salad ready too. 

We've planted a small garden that is about ready to transplant plus I've agreed to a working share at a CSA which should be starting anytime now. After all the rain last year during CSA (especially at the end)- I'm very glad I bought myself some rainboots this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment